More Information

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

You suffered and you prayed for them without ceasing.


Novena to St. Monica
 
Recite daily prayers as posted on day 1.
 
Day Four
O glorious St. Monica, you see in our world today mothers and wives who are suffering a lot for their husbands and children.  You know how they feel because you yourself underwent this same torture but you managed to breeze through all this because you believed that your problematic husband and child were challenges that God gave you.  You suffered and you prayed for them without ceasing.  God touched the hearts of your husband and child, Augustine.  Grant us the same perseverance and faith so that we, too, may be able to convince God. Amen.

We pray for mothers who suffer the loss of a child
through miscarriage and for mothers of stillborn babies.

Pain it lingers on in silence.
Tears are shed within my heart.
Suffer on, oh suffer on
are words recounted in my head.
Strength and perseverance needed,
on holy ground how much I've pleaded.
Tired, weary but not alone,
In you, my God, I make my home.