More Information

Thursday, August 22, 2013

They have to sacrifice in order that their children may go to school and have a better future.

 
Novena to St. Monica
 
Recite daily prayers as posted on day 1.
 
Day 5
O glorious St. Monica, we present to you the stories of many mothers who are working abroad in search for a better life for their families.  They sleep daily remembering their husbands and children, wishing to be near their loved ones.  But they have to sacrifice in order that their children may go to school and have a better future.  We ask you to protect these mothers and inspire their children to study hard.  We ask your intercession that the husbands and children of these women may learn to communicate with each other and bridge the distance among them.  May the physical distance that they suffer need not become a hindrance for a happy family life.  Amen.
 
 
We pray for mothers whose children have gone missing.
Pain it lingers on in silence.
Tears are shed within my heart.
Suffer on, oh suffer on
are words recounted in my head.
Strength and perseverance needed,
on holy ground how much I've pleaded.
Tired, weary but not alone,
In you, my God, I make my home.