More Information

Monday, August 26, 2013

O Glorious St. Monica, we bring you the concerns of many young mothers.


 Novena to St. Monica
 
Recite daily prayers from Novena page
 
Day 9
O glorious St. Monica, on this last day of our novena, we bring to you the concerns of many young mothers, teenage mothers who are not yet prepared for motherhood.  Unwanted pregnancies are a big problem in our time.  Many young people have to stop their schooling and assume responsibilities that they could not tackle because of this problem.  Enlighten our young people and give them teachers that will make them understand that sex outside of marriage is dangerous and sinful.  Inspire them to enjoy their youth without sinning and lead them to the joy of spiritual things. Amen.
 
 
We pray for women who suffer
because they are unable to have children.
 
Pain it lingers on in silence.
Tears are shed within my heart.
Suffer on, oh suffer on
are words recounted in my head.
Strength and perseverance needed,
on holy ground how much I've pleaded.
Tired, weary but not alone,
In you, my God, I make my home.