More Information

Monday, August 19, 2013

Give them strength to walk always in the ways of the Lord

 
Novena to Saint Monica - Day 2
 
Great St. Monica, patroness of fathers and mothers, please take our children, especially those who have turned from the ways of God and his Church, under your protection.  Let them always remain faithful to their baptismal vows. Give them strength to walk always in the ways of the Lord, despite the temptations and false values they find in the world today.  Grant that they may share with you in the joys of eternal life in God. Amen.  


 Pain it lingers on in silence,
tears are shed within my heart.
Suffer on Oh suffer on,
are words recounted in my head.
strength and perseverance needed
On holy ground how much I've pleaded.
Tired, weary but not alone,
In you my God I make my home.